One of the MLNA’s two annual social events, the Spring Fling brought neighbors together on a Saturday morning in early March, but it was discontinued in 2019.
Jim Cochran took photos of the March 3, 2018, event. He took most of the photos during the set-up period, to show the exhibitors, which is why the room looks empty. But between 10:00 and noon, close to 200 people stopped by to
- Chat with old friends and meet new neighbors.
- Enjoy free baked goods, hot cider or chocolate, and Starbucks coffee.
- Buy some books at the PTA’s used-book sale on the stage.
- Learn about emergency preparedness from the members of our CERT (Community Emergency Response Team).
- Donate small stuffed animals to Animals Beacons of Light.
- Learn about our city from members of its Community Outreach team.
- Visit the Neighborhood Watch/Police Department table for crime-prevention tips and info about the MVPD’s social-media outlets.
- Consult members of Mountain View Trees about their tree questions.
- Learn about the city’s aquatics program.
- Pick up a welcome packet if they are new in the neighborhood.
- Learn about Rebuilding Together Peninsula.
- See more of Monta Loma’s history at the Monta Loma History display, including the scrapbook kept by one of the MLNA’s co-founders.
- Check out the new block-parties map.
- Buy a Monta Loma tee shirt.
- Let their kids engage in a craft project at the crafts table.
- Have their questions about the residential food-scraps program answered.