One of the MLNA’s two annual social events, Spring Fling brings neighbors together on a Saturday morning in early March. The 2017 Spring Fling is on Saturday, March 4. At the March 5, 2016, event, Jim Cochran took these photos.
At the 2016 get-together neighbors were able to:
- Chat with old friends and meet new neighbors.
- Enjoy free baked goods, hot cider or chocolate, and Starbucks coffee.
- Buy some books at the PTA’s used-book sale on the stage.
- Learn about emergency preparedness from members of our CERT (Community Emergency Response Team).
- Help Brownie and Daisy Scouts collect pet-care items for the Humane Society.
- Learn about our city’s initiatives and projects, and opportunities to express our voices.
- Visit the Neighborhood Watch/Police Department table for crime-prevention tips and info about the MVPD’s social-media outlets.
- Learn about best tree choices from Mountain View Trees.
- Donate small stuffed animals to Animals Beacons of Light.
- See more of Monta Loma’s history at the Monta Loma History display.
- Learn about the city’s mediation program.
- Buy a Monta Loma tee shirt.
- Engage in a craft project with their kids.
- Meet Pearl and Jerry’s puppets.
Our event on March 7, 2015, was also huge success. Jim Cochran took photos of that one, too.