Saturday morning, March 4, is the date for Spring Fling 2017. The purpose, as always, is to bring neighbors together to meet and chat, so do plan to come, and also browse the PTA’s used-book sale. Some people think that Spring Fling is just for families, but it’s for everyone in Monta Loma.
Reasons to visit the Monta Loma Neighborhood Spring Fling on Saturday, March 4:
- Chat with old friends and meet new neighbors.
- Enjoy free baked goods, hot cider or chocolate, and Starbucks coffee.
- Buy some books at the PTA’s used-book sale on the stage.
- Learn about emergency preparedness from the members of our CERT (Community Emergency Response Team).
- Donate small stuffed animals to Animals Beacons of Light.
- Ask our Brownie and Daisy Girl Scouts what they’ve learned about water.
- Learn about our city from a member of its Community Outreach team.
- Visit the Neighborhood Watch/Police Department table for crime-prevention tips and info about the MVPD’s social-media outlets.
- Consult members of Mountain View Trees about your tree questions.
- Pick up a welcome packet if you’re new in the neighborhood.
- Support programs that benefit students at all MVWSD schools by buying raffle tickets for the Mountain View Educational Foundation‘s annual fundraiser gala.
- See more of Monta Loma’s history at the Monta Loma History display.
- Buy a Monta Loma tee shirt.
- Let your kids engage in a craft project while you chat with your neighbors.
- Learn about the residential food-scraps program that will be implemented in July.
- Explore the Mobile Library when it visits the school from 10:30 to 11:30. Get a library card if you don’t have one.
All this and more on Saturday, March 4, 10:00 to noon in the Monta Loma School Multipurpose Room.
It takes many people to make the Spring Fling a success. If you can help, please contact us.
Click here for photos from the Ice Cream Social in August, our other annual social event.